This is a delicious stew, perfect for anytime. It's yummy with very little salt!
- 2½-3 lbs beef cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp Stuart's Spices Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Stuart's Spices Ground Thyme
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 small potatoes (~2 inches) cut into quarters
- 3 large carrots cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- 8 oz snap peas veined
- 1 tsp Stuart's Spices Worcestershire Powder
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3-4 cups strong black coffee
- ½ can tomato paste
- In a large bowl, mix flour, pepper, and thyme, then lightly coat the meat with the flour mixture.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large stock pot and brown meat in two batches. Remove beef from pot.
- Add 2 additional Tbsp oil and onions to the pot and cook until the onion is translucent. Stir in reserved flour and brown 2-3 minutes.
- Add coffee stock, tomato paste, Worcestershire seasoning, and molasses to mixture and stir well.
- Add the meat chunks.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 1 - 1½ hours. (2 hours or more in a crock pot)
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, and carrots, and return to simmer for an additional 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add peas and cook covered 8-10 minutes until peas are crisp-tender.
Other recipes you might like