Amy from Stuart's won a Blue Ribbon 1st Place Award at the New York State Fair for her Zucchini Relish. She credits Stuart's Spices star anise as the key flavor that made this recipe unique.
- Combine the zucchini, onion, water, and salt. Stir to blend.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain the mixture and rinse with cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- Place in a large pot and stir in the vinegar, mustard, mustard seed, sugar, turmeric, and celery seeds.
- Place the whole star anise in a cheesecloth bag. Add this to the pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard the star anise bag.
- Ladle into half pint jars, leaving ¼ inch head space.
- If canning, process in boiling water for 10 minutes.
This recipe is meant for home canning. If not canning, store in the refrigerator and use within 2 weeks.
Yields 8 half-pint jars.
Other recipes you might like