Spicy meat sauces on top of hot dogs and burgers are famous here in Rochester!
- Start by cooking down the chopped onion over medium heat until translucent. Add ground chuck and cook until brown.
- Season with Rochester Plates Meat Sauce Seasoning to taste.
- Mix thoroughly, cooking for 15-20 minutes until the chili starts to thicken up.
- Add 1/2 cup water for a thinner sauce
- Spoon mixture over grilled hot dogs, burgers, or freeze for later! we recommend up to 4 months for best flavor.
If you want a more fine meat sauce, first let the meat sauce cool completely. Use an emulsion blender or food processor to blend it down to desired texture.
Other recipes you might like