Stuart's Spices spin on a classic soup
- 1 cup leeks, thinly sliced, then chopped in half (about 1 large leek)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2½ cups baking potato, diced (about 1 large or 2 medium potatoes)
- ¼ tsp Stuart's Spices Cut Leaf Thyme
- ¼ tsp Stuart's Spices Ground Allspice
- 1 leaf Stuart's Spices Bay Leaf
- 3 cans minced clams (6.5 oz each)
- 2 cups whole milk or half and half, or a combination of the two
- Sauté leeks in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Add flour to create a roux, and stir about 3 more minutes.
- Slowly add chicken stock, stirring to blend. Add potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, and allspice. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add 3 cans of clams, and liquid from only 2 of the cans. Bring back to a boil and gently simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream or milk and heat through.
- Adjust seasoning, adding salt or pepper as desired.
Other recipes you might like