Everyone loves a warm, cheesy grilled cheese sandwich. Why not give it a flavor boost, while sneaking in some fresh fruit! After all, people love apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese, so we know that apples and cheese are a great match. The caramelized apple with the sweetness of our cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves really makes this ordinary sandwich into something extraordinary!
- Two slices of bread
- Butter or margarine
- Cheese of your choice (suggestions are American, Cheddar, Colby, or Brie)
- Stuart's Spices Apple Pie Spice
- 2 slices of apple (variety of your choice)
- Slice the apple. We recommend slicing it from the side to avoid a hole in the slice from the core. You can leave the skin on or peel it.
- Dredge the apple slices in Stuart's Apple Pie Spice.
- Heat a frying pan and melt about one tablespoon of the butter or margarine. Add the apple slices and cook about three minutes on each side, until the apple is slightly soft. Add more butter while cooking if necessary. Avoid too high a heat so the slices do not burn. Remove the apple slices to a place and set aside.
- Spread butter or margarine on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice in frying pan on medium heat, butter side down.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the bread, then place apple slices on top of cheese. Top this with another thin slice of cheese. Add the second slice of bread with the butter side on top. When the bottom slice of bread is lightly browned, flip the sandwich over and brown the other side. You may want to place a cover over the sandwich to help the cheese melt. You can use a cover from a large size pot.
Other recipes you might like