Perfect for fall, but delicious year-round!
- 4-6 Tbsp butter
- 4-6 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 package cornbread mix, mixed per instructions
- 6 cups of fall vegetables (carrots, butternut squash, rutabaga, brussel sprouts, your choice!)
- Stuart's Spices Corn on the Cob Seasoning
- Cut the vegetables into pieces, toss with oil and a generous amount of Corn on the Cob Seasoning. Roast in oven at 400 F for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make a roux with equal amounts butter & flour.
- Thin with vegetable broth.
- Add about 1 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Pumpkin Pie Spice, stirring well.
- Pour mixture over the roasted fall vegetables from above, and pour into casserole dish or 9"x12" pan.
- Top with package of cornbread mix, mixed per instructions
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 35 minutes, until cornbread is baked golden brown and mixture is bubbling
Other recipes you might like