Delicious soup for all occasions
- olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (~1 cup)
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced (~1½ cup)
- 2-3 ribs celery, thickly sliced (~1 cup)
- 3 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Bouquet Garni
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 28 oz
- 4 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 1 potato, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup raw or frozen string beans, cut in half or thirds
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Small handful of spaghetti, broken into pieces
- Sauté leek in a little olive oil. After just a minute, add carrots and celery, and continue to sauté 3-4 more minutes.
- Add stock, diced tomatoes, potato, and Bouquet Garni. Bring to boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and string beans, bring back to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add kidney beans and spinach, and continue to simmer 5 more minutes, or until carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper if desired. Add water or broth if needed.
Optional: Take fresh basil, parmesan cheese and a little of the cooked soup broth, mix in food processor until it has a fairly smooth consistency, and pour into soup
Other recipes you might like