This recipe is vegan, but if you like chicken, add Moroccan Seasoning to uncooked bone-in chicken pieces, brown in frying pan, then add to stew to cook. Delicious!
- 1 onion, diced large
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½-1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 5 carrots, thickly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, thickly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, ½ inch dice
- 2 bell peppers, large dice
- 3-4 cups broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes OR fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups green peas
- 1 cup dried apricots, cut into chunks
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3-4 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Moroccan Seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Stuart's Spices Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- In Dutch oven (or large pot), sauté onion in oil until translucent, ~5 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp Moroccan seasoning. Add cauliflower, carrots, celery, sweet potato, and bell peppers, and sauté another 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 Tbsp Moroccan Seasoning. Heat just to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place Dutch oven in oven. After 20 minutes, remove from oven and taste; adjust seasonings.
- Add peas, apricots, and garbanzo beans, and return to oven for 25 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Most of the liquid should be absorbed.
- Serve alone, or over rice or couscous.
Other recipes you might like