The most important thing to know about granola is the ratio of 1 part wet to 6 parts dry. The ingredients are up to the granola connoisseurs. Nikki's favorite selections are as follows:
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried raisin/cranberry mix
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp Stuart's Spices Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Stuart's Spices Vietnamese Cinnamon
- Put all dry ingredients in a container with a tight sealing lid.
- Heat the wet ingredients in a saucepan on low and stir until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the container of dry ingredients, then put the lid on your container and shake it up! When you feel it's well blended, open the lid and add the spices. Put the lid back on and shake it again.
- Preheat oven to 315°F
- Use a shallow roasting pan and spread granola in a thin layer (Nikki bakes it in 3 separate batches to keep the layer thin).
- Bake for ~30 minutes. Start checking at 20 minutes. It is done when the granola turns a golden brown.
Other recipes you might like