Here's a version of a kid-friendly classic that even vegetarians and vegans can enjoy. Using one of our most popular spices, Ground Cumin, this dish is full of warm, spicy and sweet flavors. Need a simpler recipe? Use our Burger Blast blend. Tempeh can be substituted by any meat or protein
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 package tempeh, 8 oz
- 1 tsp Stuart's Spices Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Stuart's Spices Cool Chili Seasoning
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, 15 oz
- Hamburger buns
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook. Stir until soft and slightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and both pepper to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, tempeh, cumin, Cool Chili, and the tomatoes. Turn heat down to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes until you reach the desired thickness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and ladle onto burger buns.
Need a simpler flavor profile? Use our Burger Blast blend in place of Cool Chili. Tempeh can be substituted by any meat or protein.
Other recipes you might like