A classic side for generations, Three Bean Salad recipes often call for equal amounts sugar, oil, and vinegar. This recipe uses Stuart's Spices Salad Seasoning to pump up the flavor, so much so that you can cut the sugar by two thirds!
- 2½ Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Salad Seasoning
- 1 lb wax beans, cut to 2 inch lengths
- 1 lb of green beans, cut to 2 inch lengths
- 1 can red kidney beans
- In a large bowl, stir the sugar, oil, vinegar, red onion, salt, and Salad Seasoning together.
- Steam or blanch the green and wax beans for 5 minutes. (If using frozen beans, skip the steaming.) Rinse in cold water to stop cooking.
- Open the can and rinse the kidney beans.
- Toss the beans into the dressing mix and coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to blend the flavors.
Instead of the three traditional beans in this recipe, you can substitute or add garbanzo beans, white beans, or cut corn.
Other recipes you might like